There are many types of monitors available in the market; however for playing AAA online gaming titles such as Player Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG), DOTA 2 or Overwatch, wherein the games are fast-paced where response times matter a lot, you require a monitor with the refresh rate of 144 Hz.
Essentially, Hertz is the number of frames that can be displayed in one second by a monitor.Hence, more frames per second or Hertz means smoother visuals and better reaction times. In multiplayer game scenarios, a split-second difference in reaction times can determine win or loss.
Although there are some inherent issues with 144Hz monitors, namely the color reproduction and poor viewing angles, with the best 144hz monitor under $200, these shortcomings have been overcome.
The 2020 Best 144Hz Monitor Under $200 Comparison Table
Last update on 2020-04-01 at 08:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With Acer XF series gaming monitor, the user gets an enhanced gaming experience because in competitive gaming, each frame matters. Further, with G-SYNC compatibility, you can get tear-free and smooth gameplay.
- 24 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen with TN G-Sync compatible display
- 144Hz refresh rate with the use of Display port
- The brightness of the screen is 350 Nit and viewing angles are an impressive 170° horizontal and 160° vertical
- With Acer Ergostand, it is easy for users to adjust the monitor pivot and get the most comfortable viewing angle.
With VIOTEK GN27DB 27-Inch Curved Gaming Monitor, you’ll be able to bring your A-game and savour breath-taking full-HD clarity. Further, with a pixel-perfect precision monitor, you can sweep the leader-boards and dominate the gaming competitions while playing with different players.
- The product offers a pro-level gaming feature with a robust QHD (2560x1440p) 27-inch display.
- The FPS/RTS optimized GN27D desktop monitor offers not only GamePlus that targets crosshairs but also AMD FreeSync technology that ensures smooth gameplay with the reduction of motion blurs and image distortion.
- With built-in PBP and PIP, you have the capability of making multitasking simple and quick
If you are a diehard gaming enthusiast, the ViewSonic XG2401 24 Inch 1080p 1ms 144 Hz Gaming Monitor remains the best 1440p monitor under $200. This monitor not only features an incredible 144Hz refresh rate but also VESA Adaptive-Sync Technology, to eliminate screen tearing and stuttering for fluid gameplay.
- This product features not only an incredible 144Hz refresh rate but also a VESA Adaptive-Sync Technology to eliminate screen stuttering during fast-paced action scenes.
- The product also offers a Game Mode feature to optimize visuals for FPS, RTS and MOBA.
Bigger is often better and this is true in some key features in the latest version of 144Hz gaming monitor under $200; the AOC G2590FX 25″ Frameless Gaming Monitor. The frameless large-sized monitor no doubt augments your immersive experience.
- By pairing 144Hz refresh rate with Adaptive-Sync technology, the product offers responsive and super-smooth gameplay with minimization of display stuttering or input lag.
- By becoming compatible with NVIDIA G-SYNC technology, the user can get smoothest graphics without stuttering and tearing.
With the latest features such as Premiere e-Sports, the BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 inch 144Hz Gaming Monitor offers a fine-tuned best gaming monitor under $200 144hz and guarantees the most responsive and smoothest viewing experience.
- To eliminate common issues such as lag and ghosting, the product offers a 1ms Response Time (GTG) feature to optimize the gaming experience.
- For a smooth gaming experience, the product offers a lightning-fast 144 Hz refresh rate performance.
Famous for its innovations, the company has surpassed its reputation in the market when it introduced this best 144hz gaming monitor for $200. With a whopping 165Hz maximum refresh rate, this monitor offers absolute premium response times, which is unsurpassed at this price range.
- With 165Hz Refresh Rate, the user gets an edge invisibility as well as frames transition instantly, eliminating blurry images.
- With AMD FreeSync, it becomes easy for gamers to enjoy seamless on-the-spot movement and smooth video with their fast-paced games.
What is the cheapest 144hz monitor?
Several companies offer cheap models of best 144hz monitor under $200 such as Acer, Viotek, ViewSonic, AOC and BenQ. Unlike premium brands such as Samsung or LG, the monitors that lesser-known brands offer are reasonably priced. What’s more, they offer full warranty and great after-sales service.
However, the wise choice would be to study and shortlist your requirement and wait for Black Friday sales event that would be celebrated throughout the country. For getting early access to the cheapest 144Hz monitors during this event, you should sign up on different websites.
Is buying a 144 Hz monitor worth it?
There is no doubt that the monitor that is commonly used by most customers is 60 Hz, but for playing a fast-paced game, you need a monitor with 144 Hz for smooth and responsive gameplay.
This is because a faster monitor rate equals a faster frame refresh rate and for gamers, purchasing a 144 Hz is completely worth it. It will not only allow gamers to react quicker to opponents, but it will also enhance the gaming experience and take it to a completely new level as well.
Should I get a 60 Hz or 144 Hz monitor?
There are many kinds of monitors in the market and, naturally, you may be confused about the best choice. The first step in this process is to identify the need and use of the monitor. If the monitor is being purchased for gaming, the best choice would be to purchase a 144 Hz monitor for a smooth game playing experience.
Further, it also takes the gaming experience to the next level. In addition to the performance, the budget of the user, as well as the graphic power of the computer’s GPU, is important, since a powerful GPU is required to maintain a steady frame rate for 144Hz monitors. You can get the best 144hz monitor under $200 during Black Friday sale event.
Is there a big difference between 60 Hz and 144 Hz?
The computer monitors in the market today are available in many sizes and refresh rates. in this context, Hz refers to the refresh rate of the frame every second. With the increase in the refresh rate of the frame, there is a definite improvement in speed of refreshment, a smoother flow, as well as the reaction of a gamer to his opponent’s move.
With a 144 Hz, you experience smoother handling of higher frame rates that improve your gaming performance. However, for office work, surfing the net or watching movies, you won’t find much difference between 60 Hz and 144 Hz.
What's better 144hz vs. 240hz?
Most importantly, when you take a jump from 60Hz to 144Hz, it could give you the genuine leads, and you can experience the noticeable improvements, whereas, the actual difference between 144Hz and 240Hz is the only minor.