Top Picks According To Your Needs
- Best Overall: ASUS MX38VC 37.5″ Monitor at Amazon
- “Asus MX38VC Monitor is recommended for Mac Mini Users to experience ultimate experience of best resolution”
- Best 4K Monitor to Pair With Mac Mini: LG 32UL750-W Monitor at Amazon
- “ If you have a tight budget yet you want that untimate experience then buy this monitor that pairs best with Mac Mini under 550”
- Most Economical: BenQ EW3270U Monitor at Amazon
- “ This is the cheapest Monitor to pair up with Mac Mini. The resolution does not beat the experience of a few high end quality monitors but good if you are tight with budget”
The Mac Mini is a revolutionary design in desktop computing whichis not only portable, it’s powerful and versatile as well. It can power home automation and also graphic heavy games. The latest 2018 version is powered by the 8th generation Intel 6 core processor and Intel UHD 630 Graphics.
Since the Mac Mini ships without a monitor, you need to buy a separate monitor and connect it to your Mac Mini. Mac Mini is marketed by Apple as ‘Bring Your Own Display, Keyboard, and Mouse’ (BYODKM), thus carving out a niche market.
To get its compact size, most of its components are laptop components. However, when you link up your Mac Mini with a large 4K monitor, it often surpasses the performance of a high-end desktop PC.
Apple used to make its own monitors for Mac Mini but discontinued it from 2016. Hence, now you require purchasing a non-Apple monitor which is Mac Mini compatible.
Best Monitor for Mac Mini Comparison Table
Last update on 2020-02-25 at 11:50 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With this monitor, you not only can experience full cinematic immersion but also enjoy the complementary stereo 10W speakers for a spacious and rich sound. What’s more, the monitor on top of Mac Mini also charges various mobile devices through built-in wireless.
Check out the review for best monitor for eye strain which is available on market.
- With ASUS Eye Care technology, you experience Minimized eye fatigue via Blue Light filter and TUV Rhineland-certified flicker-free backlighting.
- This product offers 5″ 21: 9 ultra-wide Quad HD with a resolution of 3840 x 1600.
- The monitor offers increased connectivity with different kinds of ports such as DisplayPort 1.2, 2 x HDMI 2.0 and USB Type-C.
Especially targeted towards various professionals such as video editors, photographers and graphic designers, this monitor has been particularly calibrated to display images with lifelike and vivid colours.
Moreover, with a sleek frameless design and a super clear IPS panel, you’ll adore the seamless viewing experience in a multi-monitor setup.
- With 4K UHD (3840×2160) 60Hz Super clear IPS monitor, the best monitor for Mac Mini photo editing offers vivid as well as lifelike colours required for video editing, photography and graphic designers.
- With a four-sided ultra-thin bezel, you get a frameless digital canvas as your working space.
With this 27” class monitor, you get a new level of colour with a superior colour control that covers 99% of the RGB colour gamut. With VESA technology, the best monitor for Apple Mac Mini displays 400 and reaches up to 400-Nit peak luminance.
Further, USB Type-C ports enable data transfer, charging of mobile or laptop devices, and facilitates 4K video display, all on a single cable.
- The product has USB Type-C Connectivity.
- The best 5K monitor for Mac Mini has innovative features such as sRBG 99% ColorGamut.
- With VESA DisplayHDR 400, the quality of visuals is stunning.
- Features an ultra-thin bezel and height/ pivot/ tilt adjustable stand
- Features a large27 inch UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS display
With many innovative features such as a customized gaming environment, improved C-type USB connectivity and On-Screen control, you’ll have access to a smooth and clear gaming environment as well as vivid colours with this best 4K monitor for Mac Mini.
Here is another Monitors reviews for best monitor for home office .
- The product offers 32″ 4K (3840 x 2160) Display.
- With Vesa Display HDR 600, you get a more lifelike picture
- This computer monitor for Mac Mini offers USB Type-C connectivity.
- This best display for new Mac Mini offers Radeon Free Sync technology
Experience crisp visuals with this best computer monitor for Mac Mini as it offers outstanding screen performance and features technologies such as multitasking capability as well as InfinityEdge. Some other innovative technologies that are included in this best monitor to pair with Mac Mini includes the In-Plane switching Technology.
- With Full HD with 3840×2160 Ultra HD 4K resolution, you can experience four times more details on the screen.
- With the inclusion of the world’s first 5” 4K Ultra HD monitor with VESA certified DisplayHDR 400 that incorporates HDR content playback support, the screen becomes more lifelike.
- With the factory-calibrated 99% sRGB coverage, the images become more vivid and detailed, which is ideal for gaming.
This product is considered as the best monitor to use with Mac Mini since it takes colour visualization of a monitor entirely to new heights; the wide-angle Nano panel offers a superior colour control that covers 98% of the industry standard DCI-P3 colour space.
In addition, the certified Dynamic Range enables the product to reach 600-Nit peak luminance generally not available in other monitors in the same price bracket.
- With the Thunderbolt 3 port, you can enjoy a simultaneous display on two monitors at 4K quality of the same image.
- With its wide-angle Nano panel, the monitor offers superior colour control.
With a resolution of 3840 by 2160 and a 10-bit vertical alignment (VA) panel, the entertainment and gaming experience on this monitor can be remarkable. Moreover, this cheap monitor for Mac Mini integrates the BenQ patented Brightness Intelligence technology sensor; it automatically detects surrounding ambient lighting and adjusts the screen brightness accordingly.
Read review for best monitor for Autocad so you can give some amazing design to your graphic .
- This monitor has a high resolution of 5-Inch LED 4K UHD at 3840×2160.
- With Brightness Intelligence Plus technology, this monitor automatically adjusts colour temperature and brightness based on ambient light conditions and on-screen content.
Can you use any monitor with a Mac Mini?
The manufacturer does not ship a Mac Mini with a monitor, that’s why a Mac Mini is compact and relatively inexpensive when compared to other products of Apple. Further, Apple does not offer much choice in monitors and they are also expensive when compared with the monitors offered by other manufacturers in the market.
However, you can connect the best monitor for Mac Mini purchased from other manufacturers to a Mac Mini through a VGA port. Through this port, the user can connect the cable with MiniDisplay Port as well as the Thunderbolt port. In this context, the ThunderBolt port supports a Dual-Link DVI port, DVI or Mini DisplayPort with the use of a proper adapter for every monitor.
Although the kit with the Mac Mini includes an HDMI-to DVI adapter for connection with DVI port, it is not compatible with most of the other brands. Due to this issue, you need to purchase an appropriate adapter and cable with every monitor.
The current Mac Mini models available in the market retains the capability of detecting the monitor of any model and then optimize the settings of the best screen for Mac Mini after installation and configuration. If it does not detect the monitor, you need to check the connection and restart the monitor.
What monitor goes with Mac Mini?
Using a monitor and keyboard with Mac Mini has become common with users, however, the manufacturer does not ship any monitor with the Mac Mini. In addition to that, the monitors offered by the manufacturers in the market does not have much variety and they are also expensive when compared with non-Apple computers in the market.
However, with MiniDisplay Port as well as the Thunderbolt port, you can connect other non-Apple best monitor for Mac Mini that has VGA port with this product. Further, the HDMI port of Mac Mini enables you to connect the product with an HDTV with the use of an HDMI cable.
Thus, it can be said that you can connect and use any non-Apple computer monitor best display for Mac Mini with the VGA port and appropriate adapters. LG, Dell, BenQ and Asus are some leading manufacturers offering Mac Mini compatible monitors.
You would also need other computer accessories such as compatible monitor cable as the cable offered by Apple in the kit is just 2-3-inch-long, and it does not reach the monitor.
Can you use a MacBook Pro as a monitor for Mac Mini?
Although Apple does not ship any monitor with Mac Mini, this product is compatible with most of the models of monitors that are being offered in the market by different manufacturers.
Although Apple offers a few of the best monitor for Mac Mini in the market, there are not many choices. Mac Mini monitors are also very expensive when compared to others. While working and playing games, you can connect your Mac Mini with almost every best screen for Mac Mini monitor with the use of VGA port, MiniDisplay Port as well as the Thunderbolt port.
As the accessory kit with Mac Mini includes an HDMI-to DVI adapter, you can connect with other monitors with proper adapters. As the current Mac Mini models available in the market retains an ability to detect a device automatically, it can easily detect electronic devices of Apple and configure them through the Thunderbolt cable. Hence MacBook Pro will be detected without an issue.
However, instead of connecting through Thunderbolt, its recommended that you connect Mac Book Pro with Mac Mini through internet and ethernet connection using the Screen Share function. Thus, you can use Mac Book Pro as a monitor easily for Mac Mini.
Can Mac Mini do 4K?
According to manufacturers, Mac Mini remains a very popular desktop computer that can be used at home both for work as well as entertainment. This is because it integrates a powerful 8th-generation Intel quad-core and Intel UHD Graphics 630. Besides, this computer is also equipped with enough computer power for tackling industrial-grade tasks.
For example, you can test the latest iPad OS app as well as run a live concert sound engine. Not only that, you can use the best monitor for new Mac Mini for various other tasks such as graphic designing as well as photography. Mac Mini is often used for gaming and entertainment such as watching movies and videos.
If you desire lifelike and vivid images, Mac Mini will facilitate a 4K pixel resolution. To fulfil this requirement, the best monitor for Mac Mini has a built-in HDMI port that can support 4K displays in Ultra HD TVs or monitors via HDMI at 4096 x 2160 at 24 Hz or 3840 x 2160 at 30 Hz. In addition, Mac Mini supports high resolution up to 4096 x 2160 at 60Hz.
Can you use the iPad as a monitor for Mac Mini?
As the company continues to synchronize its devices across various hardware and OS configurations, manufacturers other than Apple can now be compatible with Apple devices.
However, Apple devices can connect without any hassles. Apple devices can be detected and connected both through wireless or the Thunderbolt port. Through these mediums, you can share information, data, and screen across all Apple desktops, laptops, tablets and smartphones. You can use the iPad as the best monitor for Mac Mini through two easy methods that include both wired and wireless options.
The first method to use iPad as the best small monitor for Mac Mini is to connect both devices, Mac Mini and iPad with a USB cable and use iPad as best portable monitor for Mac Mini by running an app such as Duet Display on the screen. The second method is to use Luna dongle on the Mini and then running this app on the iPad and sharing the screen.
Although most often Luna is considered as the easiest way to share the screen and data, it remains expensive for the users as this app is expensive when compared to the other method – that is using a cable between them.
Even for 4K movies at 60FPS or playing the latest games at high settings on the best monitor for iMac Mini, the performance of Mac Mini is amazing. As discussed in the article, the aforementioned monitors are the best available monitors for your Mac Mini, in terms of price to performance ratio and innovative features.
When purchasing a monitor of your Mac Mini, you ideally should search for monitors which are adjustable with a flexible stand. Furthermore, you should select a monitor which minimizes glare.
Purchasing a 4K monitor is recommended because that will enable you to utilize the full power of the Mac Mini. I would suggest the ViewSonic VP3268-4K; this best monitor for Apple Mini offers you a ton of top-of-the-line features at a price which is affordable.