It might happen out of nowhere, or it could be a long-awaited problem: your DVI to Displayport converter stops working.
This is a problem that can occur at any point. When your DVI to Displayport converter isn’t working, the best thing to do is troubleshoot all of the possible causes until you find one that works. To get the greatest results, work your way through these options:
- Try testing the monitor on another computer.
- The adaptor may not be working.
- The cable may not be working.
- Due to outdated software.
Testing the Monitor in Another Computer:
To begin, test the monitor on a different computer. The first step is to rule out one of the two devices as the source of the issue. Disconnect it and reconnect it to a known-working computer.
The computer is the source of the problem if the display turns on properly. If it doesn’t, the monitor might be the problem. Once connected, you may need to restart your second computer to rule out the tower as the source of the problem. Then, on the PC, try a different display.
You want to put the computer to the test as well. Check the display on the PC you’re attempting to use if you have another monitor. If the replacement monitor does not get a signal, the fault is with the computer.
The Adaptor May Not Be Working:
If you’ve been successfully utilising your DVI to Displayport configuration and it suddenly stopped working, your adapter is most likely to blame. Because other individuals have had similar problems before you, diagnosing and correcting what’s wrong with the adapter isn’t difficult.
Sometimes your adapter just won’t work, and you’ll need to replace it. In this situation, getting a new monitor may be a better option. Another option is to switch off your computer and leave it alone for a time. Then restart your computer in safe mode. You can restore to an older version in safe mode if something went wrong and the adapter wasn’t operating correctly.
The Cable May Not Be Working:
Switch off your monitor, shut your machine off. Turn off any video connection from the computer to the display. The VGA or HDMI cables are included. Search for the DVI port at the rear of the display port and connect the cable to one end. Connect your computer to the other end of DVI cables to the DVI port.
This port links directly to the video card of your computer. Make sure the link is tight. Turn the display on and on your computer. Click on the button “Reset/DV Mode,” or the button “Source” at the front of the screen. Continue to tap the word “DVI” on top of your screen. See now whether your DVI display port works.
Due to Outdated Software:
Another option is to upgrade your video driver, which will fix many monitor-connection issues.
- In the dialogue, select the “Properties” button. If asked, type the administrator’s password or select “Continue.”
- The Display Adaptor Properties box will appear after that. Select “Driver” from the drop-down menu. Make sure your most recent update is current.
- You should look for updates if it is older than six months. If it isn’t, you won’t be able to solve your problem, but you should update it anyway just to be safe.
- Select “Update Driver” from the drop-down list. Select “Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software” if it displays.
- If you went to the manufacturer’s website and clicked on an update, you may select “Browse My Computer for Driver Software” to update. Do nothing while your computer looks for updates.
- A dialogue box will eventually appear, informing you whether or not there have been any changes. You will be notified that the driver has been updated if you have automatic updates turned on.
- If you have any open windows, close them. Check to see if restarting your computer solves the problem.
Related: Move Task Manager to Other Monitor
There are a variety of reasons why your DVI to Displayport connection isn’t functioning, so you’ll have to try a few different methods given above to figure out what’s wrong.