Mac Mini is one of the most popular and newly launched devices by Apple, and it comes with a variety of features. Mac Mini has allowed users to stream content on the television or monitors in a wireless manner.
However, several people have reported that there is no display signal issue whenever they connect their Mac Mini with their television or monitor. Mac Mini, no display signal issue, can happen because of several reasons.
In this article, we will discuss all the possible solutions that can help fix it. Without wasting any more time, let’s hop on to the set of keys.
Solutions to Fix Mac Mini No Display Signal Issue
Solution 1: Reset SMC (System Management Controller)
The first solution that we are going to mention in this article is resetting the system management controller. Follow the below-mentioned steps to reset SMC to solve Mac Mini no display issue.
Steps to Follow:
- In the first step, if you have connected your Mac Mini to the computer laptop or television with the help of the cable, then unplug all the wires, even the main power cord.
- In the second step, you have to wait for 15 seconds, after which the system management controller will reset on its own once you unplug all the wires of the Mac Mini.
- After 15 to 20 seconds, you can plug the main power cord into the outlet. But you do not have to press the power button of the Mac Mini just yet.
- In the next step, If you are using the computer, you have to reconnect the keyboard and the mouse to the device.
- In the last step, press the power button of the Mac Mini and start the computer simultaneously. If the system management controller has been appropriately reset, you will have to enter the date and time again.
Solution 2: Reset PRAM or NVRAM
Mac Mini comes with an internal storage chip known as PRAM and NVRAM. These two chips analyze the video setting even when the laptop or the monitor is not powered up.
By resetting PRAM and NVRAM, if your laptop or monitor has been corrupted due to the malware, it will get fixed, and once the corrupted files get fixed, undoubtedly Mac Mini no display signal will also get resolved.
Let’s take a look at the steps that you have to follow to reset PRAM and NVRAM to fix the no display signal of the Mac Mini.
Steps to follow:
- Firstly you have to shut down your Mac Mini and computer and unplug them from the significant power source.
- The second step asks you to press a few buttons simultaneously. These buttons are Command, Option, R, and P.
- If you are using a MacBook, these four buttons will be labeled like this only, but if you are using a PC, its keyboard will have different keys. The Windows key acts as the command key in the PC keyboard, and the alt key is the option key.
- When you have located all the four keys on your device, you must press them at once for 20 to 30 seconds. After this time, you can release the keys from the keyboard.
- At last, you have to turn on the Mac Mini, and if things work well for you, the no display signal issue would have been fixed.
Solution 3: Check Connecting Cables
The final solution that we will mention in this article is analyzing the cables and the wires you are using. There might be a possibility that your Mac Mini has no display signal because of faulty wires.
If you have been using the cables for a long time, it would be best to change the wires to see if the issue lies with it or the Mac Mini itself. Using the damaged cords and cables can create several problems in the devices, so we advise you to change the wires every five or six months.
Summing it Up
These words are the top three solutions that you can try to fix Mac Mini no display signal. One of the solutions has always worked for the people, and if you are lucky enough, then it might also work for you.
You must know that if the problem is in the software of the Mac Mini or the external accessories such as cables or adapters, you can fix these problems on your own.
However, if the Mac Mini is showing no display signal because of some hardware problem, then it is better that you take it to the nearest service center because you cannot fix a hardware problem on your own.