Apple’s Mac mini has become extremely popular among users these days because of its variety of features. However, setting up a Mac Mini with a wireless keyboard can be highly frustrating, and it does not communicate properly.
If you were browsing the internet for hours to find the solution to this and all of your efforts were in vain, don’t worry; you have stumbled upon the blog that will help you set up Mac Mini with a Bluetooth keyboard.
How to Setup Mac Mini With Bluetooth Keyboard?
Below, we will share two ways to set up a Mac Mini with a Bluetooth keyboard. The one way is if you have your old keyboard with you, which you will be using to set up your new wireless keyboard with the Mac Mini, and the second way is going to be with the help of the mouse.
Setup Mac Mini With Bluetooth Keyboard With Old Keyboard
The setup of Mac Mini with the Bluetooth keyboard is straightforward by using your old keyboard. Let’s see the steps that you have to follow to do that.
Steps to follow With Old Keyboard:
- With the help of your old keyboard, go on to the system preferences. In the system preferences, you will find the keyboard option.
- Once you go to the keyboard option on the next page, you will find the setup Bluetooth keyboard option.
- Before clicking on that, make sure that your Bluetooth keyboard is in discovery mode. To put the keyboard in the discovery mode, you have to press the power button, and when the green light flashes on it, it means that it has gone under the discovery mode.
- Click on the set up Bluetooth keyboard option, and after a while, you will see that one keyboard will be found on the screen.
- Once that happens, you have to click on your keyboard name, after which you will be prompted to enter a set of six digits.
- In the end, you have to press return. In this way, with the help of your old keyboard, you have set up your Mac Mini with your Bluetooth keyboard.
Now, what if you have dumped your old keyboard in the excitement of buying a new wireless keyboard? Not to worry, we have got your back.
You can check Mac Mini No Display Signal
Setup Mac Mini With Bluetooth Keyboard With the Mouse
So if you don’t have your old keyboard, you can use a USB mouse to set up your new Mac Mini with the Bluetooth keyboard. Let’s look at the steps of this process, and you must know that this one can be a little tricky.
Steps to follow With USB Mouse:
- In the first step, switch on your Mac Mini, where a language selection page will be shown. On that page, you can select whichever language you are comfortable with.
- You have to choose the keyboard input method. You will have to select the wireless connection in the keyboard input method, but you cannot enter the password instantly.
- Once you have selected the wireless connection, click on the continue and agree with the terms and conditions that appear on the screen.
- Once you agree with the terms and conditions, you will be asked to fill in your name, password, and more details. Now it can be highly idiotic that how can you fill these details with the help of a USB mouse?
- For this, you have to right-click on any box and then go to the substitutions option. Another dropdown menu will appear from where you have to select show substitutions.
- A new page will appear on the screen where you have to select the text preferences option. From there, you will be redirected to the system preferences menu for the text.
- In the next step, you have to click on the keyboard option and choose the setup Bluetooth keyboard.
- From here on, the steps are straightforward to put your Bluetooth keyboard into discovery mode. Your keyboard will be discovered on the screen, after which you will be asked to enter the digits in the box.
Read it also: iMac Screen Not Turning On
Wrapping it Up
So, these were the steps and the two ways to follow how to set up a Mac Mini with a Bluetooth keyboard. Bluetooth keyboard is a very convenient device that you can use to control your Mac Mini even from a distance.
We are very well aware that setting up a Mac Mini with a Bluetooth keyboard with the help of the mouse can be extremely difficult and frustrating at one point; however, if you don’t have the old USB keyboard with you, that is the only option left with you.